Local Governing body
The role of the Local Governing Body (LGB) is to challenge and support the leadership of our school.
At St Francis Xavier the LGB play a key role in shaping how strategy translate into policy and practice. There are three committees which report to the LGB:
- Strategic Vision
- Educational Development
- Resources & Infrastructure.
These three committees feed into the LGB by reviewing the curriculum, standards, health and safety and the Christian life of the school.
Four LGB meetings are held throughout the academic year. The first is held early in the Autumn term to agree governance matters for the whole year, then one per school term.
Governors also take part in an annual ‘Immersion Day’ in school which focuses on key priorities.
Governors and roles
- Sarah Everitt - Foundation Governor RC
- Emma Farrelly - Parent Governor
- Revd Martin Fletcher - Foundation Governor CofE
- Pat Gale - Clerk to Governors
Wing Cdr Alex Hargreaves - Foundation Governor RC
Very Rev. Canon Michael Loughlin - Foundation Governor RC
- Stuart McGhee - Headteacher
- Rachel Meek - Staff Governor
- Mike Morrison - Foundation Governor RC
- Annette Sowden - Foundation Governor RC
- Jill Stockdale - Foundation Governor CofE
- Dr Jim Whiston - Foundation Governor RC
- Nigel Wilford - Parent Governor
The Chair of Governors, Dr Jim Whiston, is a member of the St Margaret Clitherow Catholic Academy Trust Board. He can be contacted at email@example.com or in writing to the school postal address.