As a partner school of InvestIN students can get 10% off all courses by inserting the following discount code on the payment page.
Information for local employers, education and training providers
At SFX we are always looking to work with local employers and education and training providers. We warmly encourage you to get in touch with us and arrange a time to come and speak with our students. We also have many links from a range of employers from a diverse range of areas and would encourage you to get in touch with us to join our network of local supporters of our Careers Programme.
Any student at SFX can request a careers interview with Zoe Bellamy or Jenna Bennett to discuss their future plans and next steps. To request an interview please speak to your form tutor, head of year or Mrs Bowman
All students in Year 11 will automatically be timetabled a careers interview to help them decide whether it would be best for them to continue in education, training or employment.
Where the interview will take place?
Your interview will take place in the Careers office with Zoe Bellamy or Jenna Bennett.
What will be discussed?
In your careers interview, there is no right or wrong answer. It is an open discussion about you and your interests.
During your guidance interview your careers advisor will help you to:
- identify your personal qualities and skills
- identify the skills you would like to develop
- come up with ideas for study and work
- explore specific career areas open to you
- explore current and future job opportunities
- understand the process of job search, writing a CV and going for interviews
- explore your interests, likes and dislikes, family influences, personal barriers and work experience
- think about how study, work experience, and home-life can all contribute to your employability
Your careers advisor will give you:
- accurate and up-to-date information
- the opportunity, if suitable, to complete a personality-based assessment which helps individuals to know themselves better
- alternative sources of information and help if required
- an action plan to help you move forward
How to prepare for your interview
- your current situation – what planning you have already done, if any
- what you would like to change
- qualifications or additional qualifications and experience required for the career you are interested in
- how much control you feel you have in making choices
- the ideas you already have but don’t know how to move forward with or perhaps you have no ideas at all
The benefits of a guidance interview are:
- increased motivation and self- confidence
- greater self-awareness
- identification of more achievable ambitions
- improved decision making skills
- increased awareness of opportunities